About the Niagara Frontier Veterinary Society
The Niagara Frontier Veterinary Society is comprised of more than 75 small animal hospitals and more than 190 practitioners in Erie and Niagara Counties, New York. It exists to advance public awareness and understanding of proper pet health care, veterinary services and the veterinary profession.
Established in Western New York in 1967, the Niagara Frontier Veterinary Society:
- Promotes public awareness and understanding of veterinary services and pet care
- Offers a timely source of information on small animal health topics of concern to the community
- Works cooperatively with other animal welfare and health organizations to control and prevent disease
- Advances understanding and interest in the veterinary profession among young people
- Creates a dialog among practitioners fostering a spirit of cooperation and discussion of opportunities an challenges facing local veterinary professionals.
The Society has numerous programs and offers advice to those seeking to learn about companion animal pet care. Annually the NFVS donates more than a quarter of a million dollars in free and reduced cost services to the community through such vehicles as its Free First Exam program with the Erie & Niagara County SPCAs and Healthy Pet Program for 501(c)3 animal rescue organizations and area pet stores, free rabies clinics, low-cost spay and neuter programs, education program and many other activities.